Kindergarten registration for the Douglas County School System will begin Monday, May 1, 2017. Parents/legal guardians may register upcoming kindergarten students at the Murray Educational Center - Central Registration located at 4841 Highway 5 (the former Bill Arp Elementary school site). Kindergarten registration will be available each day, Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. Parents/legal guardians must register at the Central Registration Center before a student is enrolled in their home school.
Each Douglas County elementary school will hold a Kindergarten Roundup on Thursday, May 11, 2017. Parents will have an opportunity to register their upcoming kindergartner at the school located in their attendance area. School assignment is based on the address of the parent/guardian’s legal residence. (Click here and enter your address to find your school.) Parents/legal guardians should contact the school in their attendance area for registration times or click here.
Georgia law requires that kindergarten students be five years old on or before Sept. 1st.
The following documents are needed in order to register a child in the Douglas County School System:
- Birth Certificate
- Georgia Immunization Form 3231 (marked complete for school attendance)
- Georgia Hearing, Dental, Vision, BMI Screening Form 3300 (all boxes completed)
- Social Security Card or Waiver
- Parent/Guardian Photo ID
- Custody/Guardianship Papers – If applicable
Proof of Residence:
- IF YOU RENT - Current lease AND Current Utility or Connection Receipt (within the last 30 days)
- IF YOU OWN – Current Mortgage Statement or Tax Bill AND Utility or Connection Receipt (within the last 30 days)
- Multi-Residence Form – If living with family or friends signed by owner or leasee and notarized
Parents/legal guardians who come with completed forms and required documentation will move quickly through the registration process. Please call 770-651-2050 if you have any questions.
Please remember to check with your doctor or the local health department to complete and update the immunization record for your child. It is required that all students be in 100% compliance with their immunizations.